Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Employees
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The Committee on the Status of Women at Northeastern University (NU) was founded in the spring of 1985 to explore issues of concern to full-time female employees. Decision Research Corporation conducted the survey called Women Working at NU and compiled its results. The surveys were sent out in May 1986 to all full-time female employees at NU. Recommendations based on the survey were sent to the Executive Vice President John Curry on October 6, 1986 and then released to the Northeastern...
Overview The Northeastern University (NU) Office of University Photography (OUP) is responsible for the public image of NU as represented in photographs and videos. OUP provides photographic support and expertise to NU's marketing, news, and public relations publications.
Overview Compiled by Northeastern University's Office of Public Relations, the scrapbooks consist entirely of newspaper clippings, mostly from Boston and regional newspapers, concerning news items related to or involving Northeastern University and its faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
Overview Carl Stephens Ell (CSE) was the second president of Northeastern University from 1940 to 1959. During his tenure as President, CSE was responsible for the accreditation of several of NU's academic programs and the rapid expansion of the physical plant. His other positions at NU included instructor at the Co-operative School of Engineering of the Boston YMCA (1910-1912), Head of the Department of Civil Engineering (1912-1917), Assistant Dean of the School of Engineering (1914-1917), Dean of the...
Overview Northeastern University president Asa Knowles formed the NU Staff Cabinet, as the Staff Council was originally known, in January 1975 out of two existing organizations, the Women's Cabinet and the Technician's Group. The purpose of the Staff Cabinet was to promote harmonious working relationships among the administration, faculty, and weekly payroll staff; exchange information between staff and the university administration; organize social activities and foster friendly extracurricular contact...
Dates: 1962-1994 (bulk 1977-1990)
Overview In April 1955, President Carl S. Ell invited 46 members of the faculty and staff (active and retired) who had worked together at Northeastern for 25 years to lunch with him at Longwood Towers on May 3, 1955. This marked the first gathering of the group, which would later be formally titled the Twenty-Five-Year Associates. The group was founded "to maintain the close friendly relationships which have contributed to the welfare of the University and the happiness of the Northeastern family over...
Dates: 1967-1995 (bulk 1975-1992)