Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Religious Life Advisory Board
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Overview The first non-denominational Northeastern University chapel service for students was held in 1927. The position of Dean of Chapel was established in 1940, and the Bacon Memorial Chapel was erected in the student center in 1947. After 1960, when NU President Asa Knowles lifted the ban against denominational religious groups on campus, religious life at NU began to flourish. In 1966, the volunteer chaplains formed the Chaplain's Association to help support the administrative aspects of religious...
Dates: 1961-2012 (bulk 1977-2010)