Klein, Robert D.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The Northeastern University's (NU) College of Engineering was founded in 1909, when the Evening Institute of the Boston YMCA began to offer day courses in engineering. In 1920, the Massachusetts Legislature authorized NU to grant bachelor of engineering degrees in chemical, civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering. Between 1939 and 1941, all programs gained accreditation by the Engineer's Council for Professional Development. By 1960, the College had become the largest undergraduate...
Overview Northeastern University's Faculty Senate was formed in 1961 by President Asa S. Knowles as an advisory and review body that would involve the faculty in administering the university. The Faculty Senate originally consisted of 24 faculty members representing the academic colleges, the provost, and seven members of the administrative faculty appointed by the president. The provost serves as chair. The Faculty Senate initially included three standing committees: Agenda, Academic and Research...