Skip to main content

Doris and Rudolf Oberg papers

 Unprocessed — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Z16-054

Content Description

This collection contains Northeastern memorabilia including ash trays, luggage tags, and pins, as well as Northeastern University publications including yearbooks and alumni directories. The collection is unprocessed. Rudolf O. M. Oberg graduated from Northeastern University in 1926 with a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering. Oberg worked for several engineering firms before returning to Northeastern in 1928 to teach engineering. In 1929, he succeeded William White as the Alumni Secretary of the Day College. Oberg increased alumni involvement at Northeastern University through social and fund-raising activities. In 1943, an official Alumni Relations Office was created, and Oberg was named director. When the Development Office was created in 1959, his official duties were restricted to overseeing alumni activities and increasing alumni participation in the Alumni Association and university life in general. Oberg remained the Director of Alumni Relations until his retirement on June 30, 1971. He died in 1973. Doris Shalit Oberg graduated from Forsyth Dental Infirmary as a dental hygienist in 1933 and remained an active member of the Alumni Association, planning reunions until her death on March 19, 1993. She also attended the Museum of Fine Arts School of Art and remained affiliated there. She was an active member of the Quincy Historical Society from 1954, and she served as both vice–president and first female president of the organization in 1982. She was married to Mr. Rudolph Oberg, former director of Alumni Affairs at Northeastern University. She was also active in the Northeastern Community, serving as an unofficial photographer and representative at national alumni meetings. Accessioned 2016 Mar 03. 46/4 Process with Z16-019 and Z16-047, Combine with M46, M190?

Restrictions Apply


Use Restrictions

Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.


  • Creation: 1938-1989


2 cubic feet (2 cubic feet in 2 record center cartons.)