Boston-Bouvé College records
The Boston School of Physical Education was founded in 1913. Co-founder Marjorie Bouvé became the first director. In 1925, citing differences with the corporation, Bouvé resigned from the Boston School of Physical Education and opened the Bouvé School, Incorporated. In 1930, the Boston School of Physical Education and the Bouvé School merged to form the Bouvé-Boston School of Physical Education with Marjorie Bouvé as the director. In 1930, the Bouvé-Boston School of Physical Education affiliated with Simmons College, an arrangement that lasted until 1942 when the Bouvé-Boston School of Physical Education affiliated with Tufts University. In 1964, the Bouvé-Boston School of Physical Education merged with Northeastern University to form the coeducational Boston-Bouvé College of Northeastern University. In 1980 the Boston-Bouvé College merged with Northeastern University's College of Education to form the Boston-Bouvé College of Human Development Professions. In 1992 the school merged with the College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions and continues at Northeastern University as the Bouvé College of Health Sciences.Margit France graduated from Boston-Bouvé College in 1963. The collection consists of one physical therapy uniform from 1959. The collection is unprocessed. 46/3 Accessioned 2015 Dec 12.
Requests for permission to publish from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
0.40 cubic feet (0.40 cubic feet in 1 medium drop-front box.)