Marketing and Communications records
The Office of Public Information was established by Northeastern University President Asa S. Knowles in 1959. In the mid–1980s, Senior Vice President for Public Affairs, James B. King divided the office into two subdivisions: University Relations and Public Relations. The Division of University Relations focused on internal communications while Public Relations focused on external relations. In 1986 the Office of Public Information became the Office of Communications whose mission was to promote and support the University's “position as leader in higher education by marketing its programs and educational philosophy and by publicizing its accomplishments and resources to a wide array of internal and external audiences.” The Office of Communications was renamed the Division of Marketing and Communications in 2004. The Division oversees public relations, branding, photography, and the production of informational and editorial publications and websites about the University. It consists of six departments: Communications and Public Relations, Web Services and Marketing, Creative Services, Northeastern University Magazine, the Northeastern Voice, and University Photography. The collection consists of admissions publications. The collection is unprocessed. Accessioned 2012 Aug 16. Process with Z07-015. 43/3
Records are closed for 25 years from the date of their creation, unless researchers have written permission from the creating office.
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
0.15 cubic feet (0.15 cubic feet in 1 half-manuscript box.)