Skip to main content

Northeastern University seals

 Unprocessed — Box: 1
Identifier: Z10-020

Content Description

Realia The collection documents the history of the seal of Northeastern University, and includes several metal seals attached to wooden blocks. The original seal and "Flying N" seals are represented. Also included are stamp and paper copies of the seal, and correspondence and other documents regarding the trademarking of the seal and decisions regarding the University's colors. The collection is unprocessed. Northeastern’s Board of Trustees approved the first official seal in 1917, and two subsequent redesigns of the emblem, in 1922 and 1935. The 1922 redesign was precipitated by Northeastern's formal incorporation as a university, and the 1935 redesign marked Northeastern's separation from the YMCA. Accessioned 2010 Feb 23. 46/1

Restrictions Apply


Use Restrictions

Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.


  • Creation: n.d., 1917-1980


0.35 cubic feet (0.35 cubic feet in 1 manuscript box.)