Corporation and Board of Trustees records
Files of Joseph Heney, former Board of Trustees member, and bond statements. The collection is unprocessed. Northeastern University was incorporated in 1916 as the Northeastern College of the Young Men's Christian Association. In its first two decades, at least two-thirds of Northeastern University's Corporation members were directors of the Greater Boston Y.M.C.A. The Board of Trustees of the Endowment Funds was established in 1924. In 1927, it became the Board of Trustees of the Permanent Funds, but disbanded in 1932. On January 22, 1937 the Corporation founded the Northeastern University Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees is elected annually by and from the Northeastern Corporation. The Board is allocated all of the powers of the Corporation and has the final word on Northeastern University's goals and policies. In June of 1985, the bylaws of the Corporation were amended to allow for the formation of the Board of Overseers. The Board of Overseers was created to relieve the Board of Trustees of some of the burden of governing Northeastern University. The Corporation also provides members for sundry governing committees. The standing governing committees are: Academic Affairs, Audit, Budget, Building, Development, Executive, Facilities, Funds and Investments, Housing, and Student Affairs. Accessioned 2010 Apr 12. Wait for more material. 46/2
Records are closed for 25 years from their date of creation, unless researchers have written permission from the creating office.
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
0.15 Cubic Feet (0.15 cubic feet in 1 half-manuscript box.)