D'Amore-McKim School of Business records
Northeastern University's (NU) College of Business Administration was established in 1922 as a conventional four-year program leading to the Baccalaureate Degree in Science. It was the second day college at NU. In 1924, the college adapted its programs of instruction to the five-year Cooperative Education Plan. In 1960, NU's evening School of Business merged with the day College of Business Administration. The evening program began in 1907 as the School of Commerce and Finance of the Greater Boston YMCA. In 1928, the School of Commerce and Finance was renamed the School of Business. The 1960s marked a period of unprecedented growth for the college and its programs, particularly in the areas of graduate and executive education. In 1963, the newly created graduate school introduced its first day program, the full-time M.B.A. The Graduate School of Professional Accounting was established in 1965 as a 15-month program offering an M.S./M.B.A. degree and an M.S. in Taxation. Graduate-level certificate programs in executive development were also introduced in the 1960s. In 2012, the College of Business Administration was renamed the D'Amore-McKim School of Business following a $60 million dollar donation by alumni Richard D'Amore and Allan McKim. The collection consists of a t-shirt, travel mug, umbrella, and program from the opening of the D'Amore-McKim School of Business. The collection is unprocessed. 46/3 Accessioned 2015 Dec 14.
Requests for permission to publish from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
0.35 Cubic Feet (0.35 cubic feet in 1 manuscript box.)