Curry Student Center records
The original Student Center Building and Alumni Auditorium was dedicated on October 5, 1947. In 1959, the Student Center was renamed in honor of Carl Stephens Ell, Northeastern's second President. In 1964, a newly expanded Ell Student Center was opened on the same site. 1994 saw a second renovation, and the building was renamed the Curry Student Center in honor of NU President John Curry. In 2014, the University celebrated the 50th Anniversary of the 1964 Student Center opening. The collection consists of records related to the renovation and rededication of the Curry Student Center (previously the Ell Student Center) in 1994. Records include a scrapbook on the history of the Ell Student Center, meeting minutes, programs, photographs, and newspaper clippings. The collection is unprocessed. 46/1 Accessioned 2015 Jul 13.
Records are closed for 25 years from their date of creation, unless researchers have written permission from the creating office.
Requests for permission to publish from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
- n.d., 1993-2005
0.60 cubic feet (0.60 cubic feet in 1 extra-large oversized box.)