Office of Alumni Relations records
In the early 1900s, alumni activities at Northeastern University were organized by each department. In 1927 William C. White, who later became Executive Vice President of Northeastern University (NU), was appointed the first Alumni Secretary. Rudolf O. Oberg replaced White in 1929 as Alumni Secretary of the Day Colleges. Oberg expanded the role of organizing alumni events and furthering alumni relations, and due to his efforts, an alumni office was created in 1943, with Oberg as Director of Alumni Relations. An Alumni Federation was formed in 1946 to combine the alumni activities and interests of the Day Colleges, School of Law, and School of Business. In 1960 the Office of Alumni Development was formed to take over alumni fund raising from Alumni Relations. This collection consists of mailings for alumni events, campus event flyers, Alumni Association directories and newsletters, reunion programs, and alumni scholarship information. The collection is unprocessed. Accessioned 2013 Feb 26. Material from Vertical file. Wait for more material. Add to A04. 47/1
Records are closed for 25 years from their date of creation, unless researchers have written permission from the creating office.
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
0.15 cubic feet (0.15 cubic feet in 1 half-manuscript box.)