Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Archives/1. Administrative

 Record Group Term
Identifier: Archives/1

Found in 133 Collections and/or Records:

College of Nursing records

 Collection
Identifier: A018
Overview The Northeastern University (NU) College of Nursing opened in 1964 with two programs: a three-year cooperative associate degree program and a five-year cooperative bachelor's degree program. The program was supported by Massachusetts General, Beth Israel, and Children's hospitals. The college's associate degree program was accredited in 1968 and the bachelor's degree program in 1972. Answering the demand for continuing education opportunities, the College of Nursing established a Licensed...
Dates: 1962-1999

Commencement Committee records

 Collection
Identifier: A054
Overview Records of the Northeastern University Commencement Committee document commencement ceremonies between 1912 and 2002. The first series documents eligible degree candidates and is restricted. The second series contains information about Northeastern University commencement ceremonies, including planning and publicity efforts, the students who were in the ceremonies, and the individuals who received honorary degrees and gave addresses. Included are scattered commencement addresses, particularly...
Dates: 1912-2002

Committee on the Status of Women records

 Collection
Identifier: A065
Overview The Committee on the Status of Women at Northeastern University (NU) was founded in the spring of 1985 to explore issues of concern to full-time female employees. Decision Research Corporation conducted the survey called Women Working at NU and compiled its results. The surveys were sent out in May 1986 to all full-time female employees at NU. Recommendations based on the survey were sent to the Executive Vice President John Curry on October 6, 1986 and then released to the Northeastern...
Dates: 1986-1987

Corporation and Board of Trustees records

 Collection
Identifier: A012
Overview Northeastern University was incorporated in 1916 as the Northeastern College of the Young Men's Christian Association. In its first two decades, at least two-thirds of Northeastern University's Corporation members were directors of the Greater Boston Y.M.C.A. The Board of Trustees of the Endowment Funds was established in 1924. In 1927, it became the Board of Trustees of the Permanent Funds, but disbanded in 1932. On January 22, 1937 the Corporation founded the Northeastern University Board of...
Dates: 1902-2010

Corporations and Foundations records

 Collection
Identifier: A055
Overview Northeastern University's Office of University Advancement was established in 1959 and includes the division of Corporations and Foundations, which promotes capital gifts and grants from corporations, foundations, and other organizations. Its efforts have resulted in funding for new buildings, expanded academic offerings, professorships, and scholarships at Northeastern University.

Dates: 1925-2009

Day Colleges Executive Committee records

 Collection
Identifier: A087
Scope and Content Note The collection includes minutes of the Committee's meetings and interim reports which are interfiled chronologically. Both document various personal petitions, scholastic and disciplinary probation sentences, withdrawal petitions, and hearings for rescheduling exams.
Dates: 1952-1961

Deaf Club records

 Collection
Identifier: A113
Overview The Northeastern University Deaf Club existed in an unofficial capacity during the fall semester of 1990, and it became an officially recognized special interest organization in the spring semester of 1991. The mission of the Deaf Club was to provide support to deaf and hearing impaired students in their academic pursuits, promote awareness of the deaf community, help deaf and hearing impaired students acclimate to the Northeastern campus, and provide a social forum for deaf and hearing...
Dates: 1992-2008

Department of Admissions records

 Collection
Identifier: A075
Overview Northeastern University's Office of Admissions formed in 1927 under director Milton John Schlagenhauf, replacing a Committee on Admissions. Enrollment increased drastically after World War II, from 3,623 students in 1944 to 10,671 in 1947, and it steadily increased each succeeding year. Northeastern University made a concerted effort to recruit students and provide scholarships to those who could not afford college. In 1960, an Associate Director of Admissions was hired in response to the...
Dates: 1938-1999

Department of African American Studies records

 Collection
Identifier: A118
Overview The Department of Afro-American Studies was created in 1973 by the College of Liberal Arts in response to the demands of Northeastern's African American students and a nation-wide trend towards the foundation of ethnic studies departments. During the 1970s, the Department worked to establish itself and appeal to a wide range of student interests by offering classes on the African American experience in literature, art, music, history, politics, and film. The Department worked co-operatively...
Dates: 1972-2009

Department of Athletics records

 Collection
Identifier: A017
Overview In 1921, Northeastern University's (NU) Department of Student Activities was established, with divisions of Publications, Athletics and Miscellaneous Activities. In 1924, athletic participation in six sports at NU was formalized, with requirements for eligibility, letter awards, and other phases of intercollegiate competition. From 1929 to 1953, Edward Parsons was Director of Student Activities, with the later title of Director of Health, Physical Training and Student Activities. In 1953,...
Dates: 1921-2014