Walter W. Hartford, Jr. films
Walter W. Hartford Jr., was president of Northeastern University's Class of 1943 and was an electrical engineering major in the original Class of 1944, which entered Northeastern in September 1939. The graduation date for the class was to be June 1944; however, after the United States entered World War II, the school instituted an accelerated program which moved the graduation date of the Class of 1944 to November 1943. During the war, Northeastern University graduated several classes per year, resulting in several classes of 1944 and 1945. In the 1960s, the affected classes were renamed by year of their actual graduation. Thus, the original "Class of 1944," which entered Northeastern in September 1939 and graduated in November 1943, is now the Class of 1943 as is the original Class of 1943, which graduated in May 1943.
- circa 1942-1943
- Hartford, Walter W., ca. 1921- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use:
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
0.30 cubic feet (1 container)
System of Arrangement:
Arranged in one alphabetical sequence.
- College students -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- College students -- Recreation
- Engineering -- Study and Teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- Engineering students -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- Hartford, Walter W., ca. 1921-
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Baseball
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Buildings
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Students
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Class of 1943
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Class of 1944
- Finding aid for the Walter W. Hartford, Jr. Films
- Finding aid prepared by Molly Overholt
- May 2002
- Language of description
- Description is in English.