Vivian Rosenberg oral history
Vivian Rosenberg, a Northeastern University librarian, was born in Boston, Massachusetts. She lived in Brookline, Massachusetts until she married and moved to Brighton. As one of the few female students in her class, she graduated from Northeastern University in 1949. As a student, she worked at the Northeastern University library at the YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) and, after graduating, she earned her Master's Degree in Education from Boston University. She worked as a substitute teacher in the Boston Public School system. She later accepted a library position offered to her by Myra White, the Northeastern University librarian. She began working at NU library in February 1952, where she received numerous commendations until her retirement in December 1991. Throughout her time at Northeastern she was instrumental in moving the library twice; once, from YMCA library to Dodge Hall and, the second time, from Dodge Hall to Snell Library.
- Koncz, Judith (Person)
Language of Materials
The collection is entirely in English.
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is unrestricted.
- 1945 Enters Northeastern University as a student.
- 1949 Graduates from Northeastern University.
- 1952 Begins working at the Northeastern University Library.
- 1953 Assists in moving the library from the YMCA to Dodge Hall.
- 1974 Receives her Masters in Library Science from Simmons College.
- 1990 Assists in moving the library from Dodge Hall to Snell Library.
- 1991 Retires from Northeastern University Library.
- Enters Northeastern University as a student.
- Graduates from Northeastern University.
- Begins working at the Northeastern University Library.
- Assists in moving the library from the YMCA to Dodge Hall.
- Receives her Masters in Library Science from Simmons College.
- Assists in moving the library from Dodge Hall to Snell Library.
- Retires from Northeastern University Library.
0.15 cubic feet (1 container)
System of Arrangement:
Arranged in one alphabetical sequence.
An interview contents page in folder two.
Immediate Source of Acquisition:
This collection was donated by Judith Koncz.
- Centennial Office Records 1990-1998, A36, Box 5, Folder 32
- Vivian Rosenberg oral history, 1994, M158, Box 1, Folder 2
- Finding aid for the Vivian Rosenberg Oral History
- Finding aid prepared by Irina Tsiklik; updated by Caitlin Birch
- December 2008, January 2014
- Language of description
- Description is in English.