Laurence F. Cleveland papers
Laurence Fuller Cleveland was born May 6, 1905. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and later earned a Master of Science degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Cleveland taught electrical engineering at Northeastern from 1929 - 1973. He began as a drawing instructor, and, after a 44 year career, retired as a tenured professor from the Department of Electrical Engineering. In addition to his teaching duties, Cleveland acted as Chapel Choir Director and organist at the Northeastern's Bacon Chapel. In 1940, Cleveland constructed an electronic organ for the chapel, which was played until the construction of the Student Center in 1947. In 1966, he was presented with a plaque recognizing his 30 years as choir founder, director, and organist. In 1970, the Cleveland Laboratory for Power Engineering was named in his honor. Marston, Everett C. Origin and Development of Northeastern University, 1898-1960. Boston: Northeastern University, 1961. LD4011.N22 M3 1961
Language of Materials
The materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use:
Copyright restrictions may apply.
.15 cubic feet (1 container)
System of Arrangement:
The materials are arranged in one series.
- Finding aid for the Laurence F. Cleveland Laboratory Manual
- Finding aid prepared by Cynthia Rufo
- June 24, 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.