ACT UP/Boston (David Stitt) collection
David Stitt was a member and volunteer with the AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power Boston chapter (ACT UP/Boston). He was involved with a few of the organization's projects, most notably the production of Attitude! newsletter. Stitt also participated in the "rubber fairies" (a program to promote safer sex) and the IV League (a needle exchange program). ACT UP/Boston was founded in 1987 as a way to focus local efforts in support of the development of AIDS treatments, AIDS educational programs, and AIDS prevention strategies. ACT UP/Boston worked to effect changes in government and health care policies as well as medical research to address the AIDS crisis. ACT UP/Boston also hosted demonstrations and protests. The organization's motto was "Silence = Death." For more on the history of ACT UP/Boston, please see the finding aid for the ACT UP/Boston (Raymond Schmidt and Stephen Skuce) collection, M149.
- Stitt, David (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials entirely in English.
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use:
Copyright restrictions may apply.
.15 cubic feet (1 container)
System of Arrangement:
Arranged into one alphabetical sequence.
Immediate Source of Acquisition:
Received from David Stitt in 2003.
- ACT UP Boston (Organization)
- AIDS (disease) -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- AIDS activists -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- Drug approval -- United States
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) infection
- Health care reform -- Massachusetts
- Intravenous drug users -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- Safe sex in AIDS prevention -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- Stitt, David
- Finding aid for the ACT UP/Boston (David Stitt) Collection
- Finding aid prepared by Abigail Cramer
- May 2011
- Language of description
- Description is in English.