Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview "A Note to You" was a classical music radio show broadcasted by WGBH and Northeastern University from Ryder Hall on Northeastern's campus. Roland Nadeau, who also started the Music Department at Northeastern, created the show in the interest of educating children on classical music. Initially, the show was broadcast on WHDH. It grew into a family show where Professor Nadeau would lecture and interview guests and use music to enhance his ideas and moved to WGBH in 1973. Running from 1963-2000,...
Overview Plans for Northeastern University's centennial celebration began in 1990. In 1992, the plans formally took shape under the direction of NU President John A. Curry, assistant director of University Relations Barbara Burke and History Department Chair William M. Fowler. The planning ultimately spanned nine years and culminated with a large celebration that included a concert by the Boston Pops and an appearance by actress Shirley Jones, who is best known for her starring role in the 1970s sitcom...
Dates: 1990-1998 (bulk 1992-1997)
Overview Gerald H. Herman, professor and administrator at Northeastern University, was born in 1944 in Brooklyn, New York. He received his Bachelor's degree in 1965 from Hunter College and his Master's degree in 1967 from Northeastern University, and was appointed to his first teaching position at Northeastern in 1967 as an instructor in the History Department. His focus as a historian has been modern and contemporary European cultural and intellectual history, focusing on the relationships between the...
- Names: Herman, Gerald X
- Civilization, Western -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Classical music for kids 1
- Classical music radio programs 1
- Collective bargaining -- College Teachers 1
- College radio stations -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Copyright 1
- Educational technology -- Massachusetts 1
- Educational television -- Massachusetts 1
- History -- Study and Teaching (Higher) 1
- Lectures and lecturing -- History 1
- Microwave communication systems -- Massachusetts 1
- Oral History 1
- Radio programs 1
- Radio programs, Musical 1
- Telecommunication 1
- Television broadcasting -- Massachusetts 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1 ∧ less