Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Northeastern University (NU) opened its first dormitory at 428 Marlborough St. in 1950. By 1967, NU had opened nine new residence halls, housing over 2,000 students; by 2001, over 4,100 students lived in NU resident halls. NU's Department of Residential Life was created in 1962 as the Office of Student Housing. It became known as the Department of Residential Life in 1987. The office was headed by both a dean of men and a dean of women until 1970, when it was replaced by a director of...
Overview In 1982, Vice President John A. Curry reorganized the existing Office of Community Development into the Office of Community Affairs. Placed under the direction of Joseph D. Warren, the Office of Community Affairs' primary mission was to respond to the concerns of Northeastern University's neighbors. Additionally, the office administered several community outreach programs, such as the annual Thanksgiving food and Christmas toy drives and a scholarship program for Boston Housing Authority...
Dates: 1967-1989 (bulk 1982-1989)