Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Department of Residential Life records
Overview Northeastern University (NU) opened its first dormitory at 428 Marlborough St. in 1950. By 1967, NU had opened nine new residence halls, housing over 2,000 students; by 2001, over 4,100 students lived in NU resident halls. NU's Department of Residential Life was created in 1962 as the Office of Student Housing. It became known as the Department of Residential Life in 1987. The office was headed by both a dean of men and a dean of women until 1970, when it was replaced by a director of...