Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Emma Jean Lang Avery papers
Overview Emma Jean Lang Avery was born in Boston in 1893 or 1894. She attended Boston University from 1916 to 1923, graduating from the College of Business Administration with honors. Avery then attended Northeastern University's Evening School of Law from September 1923 to June 1927, and received her LLB in 1927. In 1931, she returned to NU to take the Comprehensive Review course offered to law students in their fourth year, most likely in preparation for the Massachusetts Bar Exam. It is unclear...
Frederick L. Corcoran, Jr. papers
Overview Frederick L. Corcoran, Jr. was an alumnus of Northeastern University, graduating in 1935 with a BS in Electrical Engineering and in 1939 with an LLB. Corcoran died in November of 2001.
Michael Meltsner papers
Overview Michael Meltsner has taught at Northeastern University School of Law since 1979. He earned his A.B. from Oberlin College in 1957 and his LL.B. / J.D. from Yale University in 1960. From 1961-1970 Meltsner worked as First Assistant Counsel at the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) and was co-director, along with Jack Greenberg, of the National Office for the Rights of the Indigent (NORI), a paper office within the Legal Defense Fund. Since 1970, Meltsner has taught and served...
Dates: 1961-2008 (bulk 1978-2004)
Samuel H. Becker papers
Overview Samuel H. Becker graduated from Northeastern University Evening School of Law in 1936, earning a Bachelor of Law degree.
School of Law course materials
Overview Northeastern University School of Law, the first evening law program in Boston, was founded in 1898 as a series of evening courses offered by the Boston Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA). These courses were introduced by Frank Palmer Speare, the Educational Director of the Evening Institute of the Boston YMCA, and later, the first president of Northeastern University. The Evening School of Law, which attracted students who worked during the day and who could not afford tuition to other...
School of Law records
Overview The Northeastern University School of Law is recognized for training attorneys to practice law in the public sector. Founded by the Boston Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) in 1898 as a series of evening courses, it was the first evening law program in Boston. In 1904, the program was incorporated as the Evening School of Law of the Boston YMCA with the power to grant the Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree. Its primary goal was to prepare students for the Massachusetts Bar Examination. Because...
Wilbert A. Bishop, Jr. papers
Overview Wilbert A. Bishop, Jr. was born on May 27, 1906. He was raised in Lynn, Massachusetts and graduated from the Northeastern University School of Law in 1933. He later resided in Hinesville, Georgia, where he practiced law. Bishop died in September 1973 at age 67.
- Subject: Law -- Study and teaching X
- Avery, Emma Jean Lang, 1894?-1980 1
- Becker, Samuel H. 1
- Becker, Samuel H., 1907-1990 1
- Bishop, Wilbert A. Jr., 1906-1973 1
- Bishop, Wilbert A., Jr. 1
- Columbia University. School of Law 1
- Corcoran, Frederick L., Jr. 1
- Corcoran, Frederick L., Jr., -2001 1
- Davison, Robert Howell 1
- Gallup, Dana Taylor 1
- Givelber, Daniel 1
- Hall, David 1
- Harvard University. Law School 1
- Johnson, Harold Pendexter 1
- Marvel, William Macy 1
- Meltsner, Michael 1
- Meltsner, Michael, 1937- 1
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund 1
- National Office for the Rights of the Indigent (U.S.) 1
- Nicholson, Lowell S. 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Alumni 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Class of 1927 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Class of 1933 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Class of 1935 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Class of 1936 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). School of Law -- Admissions 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). School of Law -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). School of Law -- Building 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). School of Law. Class of 1939 1
- O'Toole, Thomas J. 1
- Scott, Susan 1
- Spalding, John Varnum 1
- Spieler, Emily 1
- Tsoulas, Diane 1 ∧ less