Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview African American politician and educator Joseph David Warren was born to Geroldine McDaniel Warren and Harold H. Warren in Harlem, New York on April 2, 1938. In 1979, he organized what became known as the "Warren Commission," a political advocacy group that worked to improve the social and economic conditions of minority groups and to ensure that their needs were represented in the Massachusetts and federal governments. Warren served as a political aide and advisor to Michael S. Dukakis during...
Dates: 1972-2003 (bulk 1980-1990)
Overview Michael Stanley Dukakis was born of Greek immigrant parents on November 3, 1933 in Brookline, Massachusetts, where he still resides, as of 2002. He graduated from Brookline High School (1951), Swarthmore College (1955), and Harvard Law School (1960). Michael Dukakis married Katherine Dickson, known as Kitty, in 1963. They have three children, John, Andrea and Kara. Michael Dukakis served for eight years in the Massachusetts House of Representatives (1962-1970) before he lost a bid for...
Dates: 1962-1989 (bulk 1987-1988)
Overview Phyllis Milgroom Ryan (1927-1998) began her career as a political activist while a student at Northeastern University. Following her graduation from Northeastern University in 1950, she worked as a psychiatric social worker in the Massachusetts state mental health system. In 1951, she married William J. Ryan, Jr. with whom she shared a passion for social justice and collaborated in political action for the next several decades. By the early 1960s Phyllis M. Ryan served as a media advisor and...
Dates: 1959-1988 (bulk 1961-1988)
- Subject: Presidential Candidates -- United States X
- Bentsen, Lloyd 1
- Bush, George Herbert Walker, 1924- 1
- Congress of Racial Equality 1
- Fair Housing Federation of Greater Boston 1
- Jackson, Jesse, 1941- 1
- Jones, Hubert 1
- Mike Dukakis for President, Inc. 1
- Mondale, Walter F., 1928- 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Class of 1950 1
- Ryan, Phyllis M., 1927-1998 1
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 1
- Volpe, John A. 1
- Warren, Joseph D. 1
- Warren, Joseph David, 1938-2010 1 ∧ less