Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview The Boston Coalition of Black Women, Inc. was founded as the Boston Chapter of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women to provide African American women in Boston with a social and political forum. Founding members included: Vivian Beard, Joan Wallace Benjamin, Carol Nicholson Bolling, Patricia Bush, Callie Crossley, Alice Delgardo, Barbara Edelin, Carolyn Golden Hebsgaard, Karen Holmes Ward, Deborah Jackson, Vickie Jones, Dani Monroe, Deborah Murphy, Carolyn Sawyer, Dianne Young, and Dianne...
Overview The Office of Educational Opportunity Programs and Service-Learning (OEOP/SL) at Northeastern University (NU) was established in the 1993-94 academic year. Holly M. Carter, whose career at NU began in 1973, became dean of the OEOP/SL. The OEOP/SL was charged with: 1) coordinating University-wide community service-learning initiatives; 2) serving as a clearinghouse for internal and external community service-learning resources and information; 3) developing initiatives in community...
Overview The Puerto Rican Entering and Settling Service was founded in 1961 to assist recent Puerto Rican immigrants to the Boston area with English and cultural adjustment. The program ended in 1975 and was taken over by Traveler's Aid.
Dates: 1969-1999 (bulk 1971-1975)
Overview RMSC is a social service agency modeled after the 19th century settlement house where all client services were located under one roof. It began as a three-year demonstration project in 1964 to provide services to the Roxbury and North Dorchester neighborhoods of Boston. From its inception, the mission of RMSC has been to offer programs and services designed to empower the residents of Roxbury and North Dorchester to become economically and socially self-sufficient. RMSC was originally funded by...
Overview Born in Philadelphia in 1947, Zuline Gray Wilkinson (ZGW) attended Temple University earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1968. In 1972, she received a Master's of Social Work from the University of Pennsylvania School of Social Work where she later returned as a doctoral student. She has been involved in the field of social work ever since, holding director positions at several service organizations including the Roxbury Multi-Service Center (RMSC) in Boston, Massachusetts. Through RMSC, she...
- Subject: Social service -- Massachusetts -- Boston X
- Action for Boston Community Development 1
- African American Federation of Greater Boston (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Allen, Zuline Gray 1
- Anderson-Chase, Marilyn 1
- Bell, Vanessa 1
- Boston Coalition of Black Women, Inc. 1
- Carrington, Shirley 1
- Carter, Holly Maze 1
- Cuthbert, Gertrude 1
- Folly, Richard 1
- Gadson, Brenda 1
- Jones, Hubert T. 1
- La Alianza Hispana (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Lovelace-Graham, Valerie 1
- Millett, Ricardo 1
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women (U.S.) 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Faculty 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Graduate students 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Students 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Office of Educational Opportunity Programs and Service Learning 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Office of Educational Opportunity Programs and Service-Learning 1
- Puerto Rican Entering and Settling Service 1
- Rodriguez, Conchita 1
- Roxbury Multi-Service Center 1
- Roxbury Multi-Service Center (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Samuels, Milton 1
- Shaw, Sarah Ann 1
- Smith, Beverly Jean 1
- Swan, Dawn 1
- Warren, Joseph 1
- Watson, Denise 1
- Wilkinson, Zuline Gray 1
- Wilson, Percy 1 ∧ less