Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview As early as 1914, Northeastern University offered musical activities for its students. Beginning with the Northeastern Symphony Orchestra, early musical activities included the Banjo Club, Dance Band, Pep Band, and wind ensemble. In 2011, there are nine different groups in the Band Association: concert band, jazz band, wind ensemble, pep band, and orchestra, as well as blues/rock, rock, fusion, and electronic ensembles.
Overview Clyde Frederic Joslyn attended Northeastern University as an accounting major, graduating in 1939 with a Bachelor of Science from the College of Business Administration. While a student at Northeastern, Joslyn was a member of many student organizations and a leader in several: a feature editor for the Northeastern News, the president of Phi Beta Alpha fraternity, a trumpet player in the band and Musical Club, and a member of the Junior Prom Committee, the International Relations Club, the...
Overview The Music at Noon Concert Series at Northeastern University began in 1962 to allow students to perform music informally in front of an audience. It was initiated by Professor Roland Nadeau, then Chairman of the Music Department. In 1964, Professor Tesson took over the program and expanded it to include a wide variety of music. In 1968, Northeastern University formally adopted a budget for the Music at Noon program, thus allowing it to host concerts by professional musicians as well as student...
Overview Student extracurricular activities at Northeastern University began in 1917 with the publication of the senior yearbook, the Cauldron. The Department of Student Activities was formed in 1921 and was comprised of a publicity division, the athletic association, and miscellaneous divisional activities. The Division of Music was added later, and by 1925 included a Band, Concert Orchestra, Glee Club and Dramatic Club. The Student Council began in the 1920s. By 1959, the Department of Student...
- Names: Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Bands X
- African American students -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Asian American students -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Bands (Music) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College radio stations -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College student government -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College students -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College students -- Recreation 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- Greek letter societies -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Music -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Student activities -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Student service -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Students -- Political activity -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Students Recreation -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Students, Foreign -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1 ∧ less