Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) is one of the Basic Day Colleges that makes up Northeastern University (NU). It offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in the arts, humanities, social sciences, mathematics, and natural sciences. Headed by a dean, CAS is organized by academic department, interdisciplinary program, or center for specialized study. The dean has responsibility for managing educational policy, faculty issues, student services, and budgeting, and often delegates these...
Overview The Northeastern University Department of Music began as part of the Department of Drama, Speech and Music in 1958 and became an independent department in 1966-1967. The music curriculum was originally a non-major program for professional musicians who desired theoretical training. In 1982, a BA in Music Literature became available. By 1989, the Department began collaborating with the New England Conservatory to offer a Music Industry major, and by 1992, music history courses were included in...
Overview In 1967, the Marine Science Center, then the Marine Science Institute, was founded in order to provide space for master and doctoral level students and visiting scientists to conduct research in ocean chemistry, water quality, and pollution. The Marine Science Center (MSC), located in Nahant, opened on October 29, 1969 as the David F. and Edna F. Edwards Marine Science Laboratory. Renamed in 1982 as the Marine Science and Maritime Studies Center, MSC refocused on marine ecology, behavior,...
Overview Northeastern University was founded in 1898 as a primarily commuter school with an all-male student body focusing on engineering and law programs. Since then, the University has expanded and now has six basic colleges, graduate and undergraduate programs in a wide variety of fields, and a diverse student body. The photographic collection reflects the history and development of the University from the early 1900s to the present day, including the expansion of Northeastern's physical plant and...
Overview The University Honors Program was established on a university-wide basis in 1986 in order to attract and retain the brightest students to Northeastern University. Honors students take several honors courses and have access to cultural events, conferences, internships, and other opportunities. To receive the College Honors Project Distinction (upon completion of the project) or the University Honors Program Distinction (upon completion of the project and six honors courses, including one honors...
- Names: Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). College of Arts and Sciences X
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 2
- College athletes -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College buildings -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College campuses -- Massachusetts 1
- College presidents -- Inauguration 1
- College presidents -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College sports -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College students' writings, American -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States 1
- Concerts -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Curriculum planning 1
- Environmental sciences -- Study and teaching -- Massachusetts 1
- Invertebrates 1
- Marine biology -- Research -- Massachusetts 1
- Marine biology -- Study and teaching -- Massachusetts 1
- Marine ecology 1
- Marine laboratories -- Massachusetts -- Nahant 1
- Marine sciences 1
- Music -- Study and teaching -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Nemertea 1
- Student activities -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Student protesters -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Students -- Political activity -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula 1
- Universities and colleges -- Employees 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1 ∧ less