Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Northeastern University (NU) established the College of Criminal Justice (CCJ) in 1967 to provide professional training and support study and research in the administration of criminal justice. CCJ emerged from the University College's Department of Law Enforcement and Security, which was founded in 1961 and offered part-time baccalaureate and associate degree programs. Initially designed to prepare students for careers in law enforcement, CCJ's academic program has expanded to include course...
Overview Northeastern University was founded in 1898 as a primarily commuter school with an all-male student body focusing on engineering and law programs. Since then, the University has expanded and now has six basic colleges, graduate and undergraduate programs in a wide variety of fields, and a diverse student body. The photographic collection reflects the history and development of the University from the early 1900s to the present day, including the expansion of Northeastern's physical plant and...
Overview The George Lewis Ruffin Society was founded in 1984 in response to dwindling numbers of minority police officers in the Boston Police Department. Its goals are to create greater understanding and communication between minority communities and the criminal justice system through annual convocations, events, courses, workshops and "The Long Road to Justice" traveling exhibit which documents the history of African Americans in Massachusetts.
Overview The University Honors Program was established on a university-wide basis in 1986 in order to attract and retain the brightest students to Northeastern University. Honors students take several honors courses and have access to cultural events, conferences, internships, and other opportunities. To receive the College Honors Project Distinction (upon completion of the project) or the University Honors Program Distinction (upon completion of the project and six honors courses, including one honors...
- Names: Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). College of Criminal Justice X
- African Americans -- History -- Massachusetts 1
- Boston (Mass.) -- Race Relations 1
- College athletes -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College buildings -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College campuses -- Massachusetts 1
- College presidents -- Inauguration 1
- College presidents -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College sports -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College students' writings, American -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States 1
- Crime -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Discrimination in Criminal Justice System -- Massachusetts 1
- Education, Cooperative 1
- Law enforcement -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Police -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Student activities -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Student protesters -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Students -- Political activity -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Universities and colleges -- Employees 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1 ∧ less