Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The Department of Theatre is part of the College of Arts, Media, and Design and was formerly part of the Division of Performing and Visual Arts. In the mid-1980s, the director of the Department steered it toward productions that would add to Boston's performance culture rather than duplicate what was already being performed. As a result, the department collaborated with a number of innovative local companies, including the Boston Theater of the Deaf, and Northeastern's Silver Masque, a...
Overview Larry Blumsack received his BS in Business Administration from Northeastern University in 1960, and his MS in Communications/Theatre from Emerson College in 1965. A founding member of the Theatre Department at Northeastern, Blumsack went on to serve as co-director of the drama department at the Elma Lewis School of Fine Arts before embarking on a twenty-plus year career as a theater critic for a number of Boston area publications.
Dates: 1955-2006 (bulk 1960-1995)
Overview The University Honors Program was established on a university-wide basis in 1986 in order to attract and retain the brightest students to Northeastern University. Honors students take several honors courses and have access to cultural events, conferences, internships, and other opportunities. To receive the College Honors Project Distinction (upon completion of the project) or the University Honors Program Distinction (upon completion of the project and six honors courses, including one honors...
Dates: 1981-2006 (bulk 1997-2005)
- Names: Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Department of Theatre X
- African American theater -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College students' writings, American -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Drama and performance studies 1
- Drama and theatre studies 1
- Dramatic criticism -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Prison theater -- Massachusetts 1
- Public relations consultants 1
- Theater -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Theater -- Study and Teaching -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Theater and dramatic studies 1
- Theater and dramatic studies -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Theater critics -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Theaters 1 ∧ less