Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Bernard "Bunny" Solomon was born in Brookline, Massachusetts in 1923. A member of Northeastern University's Class of 1946, he served in Europe in World War II, returning home to a position in his father's lingerie manufacturing business. He became an active Democrat and was appointed State Purchasing Agent under Governor Foster Furcolo in 1957. Solomon resigned his position in 1960 and became a vice president of the Stop & Shop Companies. In 1982, he left Stop & Shop to become the vice...
Overview Northeastern University was founded in 1898 as a primarily commuter school with an all-male student body focusing on engineering and law programs. Since then, the University has expanded and now has six basic colleges, graduate and undergraduate programs in a wide variety of fields, and a diverse student body. The photographic collection reflects the history and development of the University from the early 1900s to the present day, including the expansion of Northeastern's physical plant and...
Dates: 1903-2009 (bulk 1950s-2009)
Overview Kenneth Gilmore Ryder (KGR), the fourth president of Northeastern University (NU) from 1975 to 1989, began his career at NU in 1949 as an instructor of history and government. He was promoted to assistant professor in 1953 and to associate professor in 1956. In 1957, KGR gave up his teaching responsibilities to assume a succession of administrative positions: Dean of Administration (1958-1966), Vice President of University Administration (1967-1970), and Executive Vice President (1971-1975). In...
- Names: Ryder, Kenneth G., b. 1924 X
- College presidents -- Inauguration 2
- College presidents -- Massachusetts -- Boston 2
- College athletes -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College buildings -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College campuses -- Massachusetts 1
- College sports -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States 1
- Community development, Urban -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Education, Cooperative 1
- School integration -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Student activities -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Student protesters -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Students -- Political activity -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Universities and colleges -- Employees 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- Universities and colleges -- Public services 1 ∧ less