Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Founded as the Lesbian and Gay Political Alliance of Greater Boston (LGPAGB) in 1982, the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Political Alliance of Massachusetts (LGBTPAM) is a political advocacy organization for gay and lesbian rights. Today this group has actively pursued causes relating to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues, such as funding for AIDS research and education, anti-discrimination legislation, legalization of same-sex unions, and the elimination of anti-gay...
Overview The Massachusetts Gay and Lesbian Political Caucus (the Caucus) was founded in 1973 to fight for social equality for the gay and lesbian community in Massachusetts. Originally titled the Boston Advocates for Human Rights, the organization changed its name to Massachusetts Caucus for Gay Legislation in 1976 to reflect its focus on statewide legislation. The organization adopted its current name in 1987. The Caucus was the first group within the gay and lesbian community to employ a lobbyist to...
Dates: 1974-2007 (bulk 1978-2004)
Overview In 1977, a group of activists formed the Boston chapter of Mobilization for Survival, an organization dedicated to nuclear disarmament and peace. During the late 1970s and early 1980s, Mobilization for Survival rallied against a variety of anti-military and anti-nuclear causes such as the American presence in Central America and nuclear proliferation. In 1985, a group of feminists in the Boston chapter met to create a Feminist Task Force within the organization to address women's issues within...
- Subject: Lesbian activists -- Massachusetts X
- Feminist Task Force 1
- Gearhart, David 1
- Hoffman, Barbara 1
- Isaacson, Arline 1
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Political Alliance of Massachusetts 1
- Lesbian and Gay Political Alliance of Greater Boston 1
- Lesbian and Gay Political Alliance of Massachusetts 1
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Political Alliance of Massachusetts 1
- Massachusetts Caucus for Gay Legislation 1
- Massachusetts Gay Political Caucus 1
- Massachusetts Gay and Lesbian Political Caucus 1
- Mobilization for Survival 1
- Mobilization for Survival: Feminist Task Force 1
- Tierney, Stephen 1 ∧ less