College buildings -- Massachusetts -- Boston
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Northeastern University was incorporated in 1916 as the Northeastern College of the Young Men's Christian Association. In its first two decades, at least two-thirds of Northeastern University's Corporation members were directors of the Greater Boston Y.M.C.A. The Board of Trustees of the Endowment Funds was established in 1924. In 1927, it became the Board of Trustees of the Permanent Funds, but disbanded in 1932. On January 22, 1937 the Corporation founded the Northeastern University Board of...
Overview Since its founding in 1896, Northeastern University has expanded its campus from a few buildings on Huntington Avenue to a sprawling campus. After initially renting space in the Botolph Building and the Boston Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA), the University built its first building, Richards Hall, in 1939, and continued to grow from there. A push towards building dormitory spaces in the 1960s helped to transform the University from a commuter college to a residential college. At the...
Dates: 1855-2006 (bulk 1955-1970)