Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Buildings
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Carl Stephens Ell (CSE) was the second president of Northeastern University from 1940 to 1959. During his tenure as President, CSE was responsible for the accreditation of several of NU's academic programs and the rapid expansion of the physical plant. His other positions at NU included instructor at the Co-operative School of Engineering of the Boston YMCA (1910-1912), Head of the Department of Civil Engineering (1912-1917), Assistant Dean of the School of Engineering (1914-1917), Dean of the...
Overview Asa S. Knowles, Northeastern University's (NU) third president, created the Office of University Development (OUD) in 1959 to increase NU's resources through fundraising activities and campaigns. These activities include Planned Giving, which encourages bequests, annuities, trusts, and life income agreements; Corporation and Foundations, which promotes capital gifts and grants from corporations, foundations, and other organizations; Alumni and Friends, which manages donations from former...