Institute of Taxation records
The Institute of Taxation (IT) existed ca. 1955-1965 under the auspices of the Northeastern University College of Business Administration, with ties to the Division of Continuing Education. In the 1950s and 1960s, IT presented a series of tax forums as an opportunity for continuing education for local tax professionals. The Federal Tax Forums and Federal Tax Institutes were presented in conjunction with the professional accounting societies of New England. The Massachusetts Tax Forums were presented in conjunction with Massachusetts's professional accounting societies and with the cooperation of the State Tax Department. Each gathering featured speakers from several branches of the tax professional community and question-and-answer sessions with tax experts. Several of the forums were focused on new tax legislation.
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use:
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
1.00 cubic feet (1 container)
System of Arrangement:
Chronological by forum.
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). College of Business Administration
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Division of Continuing Education
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Institute of Taxation
- Tax consultants -- Education (Continuing Education) -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- Taxation -- Massachusetts -- Congresses
- Taxation -- Study and Teaching -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- Taxation -- United States -- Congresses
- Finding aid for the Institute of Taxation Records
- Finding aid prepared by Molly Overholt
- May 2002
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.