InterFraternity Council records
On April 30, 1920, delegates from the three fraternities (Beta Gamma Epsilon, Alpha Kappa Sigma, and Eta Tau Nu) on Northeastern University's campus joined together to form the Pan-Hellenic Council. Renamed the InterFraternity Council on October 26, 1921, the InterFraternity Council began as a representative body composed of two men from each fraternity. Currently, an unlimited number of members from each fraternity may serve on the council. The objectives of the InterFraternity Council are to maintain good relationships between all fraternities on campus, promote better understanding among themselves and the University, act as the governing body of all fraternities, and set the rules and standards for individual fraternities to follow. The InterFraternity Council also sponsors new member recruitment, social events, and sports competitions.
- 1963-1998 (bulk 1963-1975)
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use:
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
0.15 cubic feet (1 container)
System of Arrangement:
Arranged in one alphabetical sequence by subject.
- Finding aid for the InterFraternity Council Records
- Finding aid prepared by Ellen Lassiter
- February 2004
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.