Department of History. Oral History Project records
In the spring of 1998 and the spring of 1999, students in HST 4263, an oral history class offered by Northeastern University's University College, completed oral history projects as part of the course curriculum. Taught by Susan Keats, the course introduced students to oral history techniques such as planning, interviewing, auditing, editing, and transcribing. In 2003, University College stopped offering HST 4263. Oral history is now covered as a topic in Public History. Susan Keats received a master's degree in history from Northeastern University in 1980. She taught history in the University College from 1991 to 2003. Keats also served as vice president of corporate records management for Fidelity Investments in Boston beginning in 1998.
Language of Materials
Materials entirely in English.
Conditions Governing Access:
Records are closed for 25 years after their date of creation, unless researchers have written permission from the creating office.
.15 cubic feet (1 container)
System of Arrangement:
The collection is arranged in one alphabetical sequence.
Immediate Source of Acquisition:
The collection was received in January 2000 with other materials maintained by Barbara Burke.
- Devlin, Joanne
- Gagnon, Dan
- Gallahue, Michael
- Hispanic American women -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge
- Marcotte, Doris T.
- Marcotte, Thomas J.
- Massachusetts -- History, Local
- Mosquera, Lisa
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Students
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Department of History
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Oral History Courses
- Oral history
- Oyler, Rob
- Shaughnessy, Paul
- Vietnamese Conflict, 1961-1975 -- Veterans
- Finding aid for the Department of History Oral History Project Records
- Finding aid prepared by Marietta Carr
- March 2008
- Language of description
- Description is in English.