Center for Effective University Teaching records
The Office for the Support of Effective Teaching was created in 1989, with the goal of improving the effectiveness of professors in the classroom. At its inception, the office focused on improving course and teacher evaluations, faculty portfolios, and classroom skills through brochures, handbooks and workshops. In 1994, further improvement in undergraduate teaching was discussed in several roundtable forums which resulted in more funding for faculty to attend conferences, tenure decisions based on merit, and teaching consultants for deans and department chairs. In 1995-1996, the Office for the Support of Effective Teaching was renamed the Center for Effective University Teaching (CEUT). In March 2009, the Office of the Provost merged CEUT with the EdTech Center to create the Center for Innovation and Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CIETL). The center's "mission is to engage the entire campus community in a learner centered culture, and provide leadership in design, delivery and assessment of teaching."
Language of Materials
This material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access:
Records are closed for 25 years from the date of their creation, unless researchers have written permission from the creating office.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use:
Copyright restrictions may apply.
1.30 cubic feet (3 containers)
System of Arrangement:
Arranged in one alphabetical sequence.
Immediate Source of Acquisition:
Materials were transferred from the Center for Effective University Teaching.
- Feldscher, Karen. Northeastern University The Curry Years: Smaller but Better 1989-1996. Vol. 4. Boston: Northeastern University Publications, 2000.
- Frederick, Antoinette. Northeastern University Coming of Age: The Ryder Years. Vol. 3. Boston: Northeastern University Publications, 1995.
- Northeastern Resources. http://www.edtech.neu.edu/resources/ (12 May 2009).
- Finding aid for the Center for Effective University Teaching Records
- Finding aid prepared by Irina Tsiklik
- June 25, 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.