Harvey C. Krentzman papers
Harvey "Chet" Krentzman graduated from Northeastern University with a degree in Engineering in 1949. He received his MBA from the Harvard Business School in 1952, and in 1954 he established the Advanced Management Associates, Inc., a management company providing consultant services to small businesses. In 1959 he was invited to start the Small Business Institute at the Northeastern University Office of Adult and Continuing Education. From the 1960s through the early 1980s, he ran a number of small business workshops under the sponsorship of Northeastern, Babson College, Bentley College, and the Smaller Business Association of New England. Because Krentzman was a recognized regional and national expert on the challenges faced by small businesses, he gave testimony at the United States Senate's Select Committee on Small Business in 1962 and 1971. He served as treasurer of Temple Mishkan Tefila, and he was an active alumnus of Northeastern, serving as a Corporation Member since 1975, and as a Member of the Board of Trustees since 1983.
- Krentzman, Harvey C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use:
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
1.0 cubic feet (1 container)
System of Arrangement:
- Adult education -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- Business consultants
- Business education -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- Continuing education
- Krentzman, Harvey C., 1926-2005
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). School of Continuing Education
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Small Business Institute
- Smaller Business Association of New England
- United States. Senate. Select Committee on Small Business
- Finding aid for the Harvey C. Krentzman Papers
- Finding aid prepared by Peter Rawson and Ken Risley
- February 1999
- Language of description
- Description is in English.