Boston School of Dental Nursing records
The Boston School of Dental Nursing was incorporated in 1940 as a non-profit organization. The Boston School of Dental Nursing offered women a one-year program in dental nursing that combined classroom education with on-the-job training at the Boston State Hospital and other local facilities. Day and evening instruction were available. The first class graduated 45 women, and enrollment remained small, but steady, throughout the 1940s and 1950s. The board also operated the Boston School of Mechanical Dentistry. The all-male Boston School of Mechanical Dentistry enrolled fewer students than The Boston School of Dental Nursing until the mid-1940s, when a government sponsored veterans training program made post-secondary education possible for returning GIs. The Boston School of Mechanical Dentistry also offered both day and evening classes.
- Boston School of Dental Nursing (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use:
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
0.17 cubic feet (1 container)
System of Arrangement:
Arranged in one alphabetical sequence.
- Finding aid for the Boston School of Dental Nursing Records
- Finding aid prepared by Amy Bosworth
- April 2000
- Language of description
- Script of description