Irene A. Nichols papers
Professor Irene Nichols was an Assistant Professor of Psychology in Education in the Foundations of Education program at Northeastern University from 1964 to 1969, Associate Professor of Psychology in Education from 1969 to 1986, and Associate Professor of Education from 1986 to 1999. In 1972, Nichols was elected the first woman chair of the Agenda Committee of the Faculty Senate at Northeastern. She also chaired several other University committees, including the Faculty Senate Academic Policy Committee, and she was a marshal during student protests to prevent police from clashing with students. Outside of her University responsibilities, Nichols was involved with organizations such as the New England Educational Research Organization and the Urban Schools Collaborative.
- Nichols, Irene A. (Person)
Language of Materials
The collection is entirely in English.
Conditions Governing Access:
Files containing staff and student information are restricted for 75 years from the date of their creation. For more information, see the University Archivist.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use:
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
5.75 cubic feet (6 containers)
System of Arrangement:
Organized in four series: 1. American Association of University Professors; 2. Northeastern University Faculty Senate; 3. Northeastern University Committees and Activities; and 4. Subject Files.
Immediate Source of Acquisition:
This collection was received as part of the College of Education records deposit starting in 1997.
- American Association of University Professors
- College teachers -- Tenure
- College teachers -- United States
- College teachers' unions
- Education -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts -- Boston
- Nichols, Irene A.
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Administration
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Committees
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Faculty
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). College of Education
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Urban Schools Collaborative
- School integration
- Urban Schools Collaborative
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements
- Finding aid for the Irene A. Nichols Papers
- Finding aid prepared by Ellen Lassiter
- May 2007
- Language of description
- Description Is In English