Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The Boston School of Physical Education was founded in 1913. Co-founder Marjorie Bouvé became the first director. In 1925, citing differences with the corporation, Bouvé resigned from the Boston School of Physical Education and opened the Bouvé School, Incorporated. In 1930, the Boston School of Physical Education and the Bouvé School merged to form the Bouvé-Boston School of Physical Education with Marjorie Bouvé as the director. In 1930, the Bouvé-Boston School of Physical Education...
Dates: 1885-2011 (bulk 1925-1970)
Overview Catherine Louise Allen was born in Columbus, Georgia in 1909. She began her career as an educator in Georgia schools in 1936. After receiving a master's degree from Columbia University, she was appointed professor of physical education and recreation at the University of Tennessee in 1941. During World War II, Allen served as director of special activities in the Pacific region for the Red Cross from 1944 to 1946. After the war, she returned to Tennessee to teach until 1955, when she moved to...
Overview A leader and scholar of physical education, Minnie Lynetta Lynn was born in Pennsylvania in 1902. After receiving her bachelor's degree from Oberlin College in 1928, she taught physical education in Cleveland grade schools until 1930, when she assumed the directorship of health and physical education at McKinley High School in Canton, Ohio, a position she held until 1941. Lynn received a master's degree from Pennsylvania State University in 1937 and earned a PhD from the University of...
Overview The University Honors Program was established on a university-wide basis in 1986 in order to attract and retain the brightest students to Northeastern University. Honors students take several honors courses and have access to cultural events, conferences, internships, and other opportunities. To receive the College Honors Project Distinction (upon completion of the project) or the University Honors Program Distinction (upon completion of the project and six honors courses, including one honors...
Dates: 1981-2006 (bulk 1997-2005)
- Names: Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Boston-Bouvé College X
- Physical education and training -- Massachusetts 3
- Physical education for women -- Massachusetts 2
- Women educators 2
- Camps -- New England 1
- College students -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College students' writings, American -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Physical education and training -- Societies and clubs 1
- Physical education for women -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Physical education teachers -- Training of -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Physical fitness for women -- Massachusetts 1
- Physical therapy -- Study and teaching -- Massachusetts 1
- Physical therapy schools -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Women -- Education 1
- Women college students 1
- Women educators -- Massachusetts 1
- Women physical therapists 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Guam 1 ∧ less