Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Northeastern University's (NU) Center for Continuing Education (CCE) offered a variety of credit and non-credit evening classes for students and professionals. The Office of Adult and Continuing Education (OACE) opened in 1960 under the direction of Dr. Albert E. Everett. OACE was comprised of four departments: Bureau of Business and Industrial Training, Special Programs in Cooperation with Civic Groups, Special Programs in Cooperation with Professional and Trade Groups, and State-of-the-Art...
Overview The Institute of Taxation (IT) existed ca. 1955-1965 under the auspices of the Northeastern University College of Business Administration, with ties to the Division of Continuing Education. In the 1950s and 1960s, IT presented a series of tax forums as an opportunity for continuing education for local tax professionals. The Federal Tax Forums and Federal Tax Institutes were presented in conjunction with the professional accounting societies of New England. The Massachusetts Tax Forums were...
Overview Northeastern's University College was founded in 1960. With an open admissions policy, its mission was to educate adult students with previous work experience, part-time students working toward an undergraduate degree, and full-time students who had varied scheduling requirements. Soon after its founding, the school began offering courses at satellite campuses. Enrollment was 4,000 in 1960, grew to 12,000 by 1975, peaked at 14,000 in 1980, and then declined to 10,700 in 1989 and 7,500 in 1996....
- Subject: Continuing education -- Massachusetts -- Boston X
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Division of Continuing Education 2
- Campbell, Malcolm 1
- Everett, Albert Ellsworth 1
- Katz, Israel, 1917- 1
- MacKey, Alan 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) -- Curricula 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Center for Continuing Education 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). College of Business Administration 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Institute of Taxation 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Lincoln College 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Lowell Institute School 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). Office of Adult and Continuing Education 1
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). University College 1
- Robbins, John H. 1
- Viola, Joy W. 1
- Williams, Raymond 1 ∧ less