Student activities -- Massachusetts -- Boston
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Northeastern University was founded in 1898 as a primarily commuter school with an all-male student body focusing on engineering and law programs. Since then, the University has expanded and now has six basic colleges, graduate and undergraduate programs in a wide variety of fields, and a diverse student body. The photographic collection reflects the history and development of the University from the early 1900s to the present day, including the expansion of Northeastern's physical plant and...
Dates: 1903-2009 (bulk 1950s-2009)
Overview The School of Law (Evening Division) Student Council met for the first time in the spring of 1947 and continued meeting until 1953, when the School of Law closed.
Dates: 1980-1995, 2010-2011
Overview Student extracurricular activities at Northeastern University began in 1917 with the publication of the senior yearbook, the Cauldron. The Department of Student Activities was formed in 1921 and was comprised of a publicity division, the athletic association, and miscellaneous divisional activities. The Division of Music was added later, and by 1925 included a Band, Concert Orchestra, Glee Club and Dramatic Club. The Student Council began in the 1920s. By 1959, the Department of Student...
Dates: 1941-2010 (bulk 1980-1995)
Overview The Student Council was created in 1921 as a vehicle for student participation in University affairs. It originally comprised the officers of the senior and junior classes, and the members of the Student Activities Committee which was also created in 1921. In the 1960s, the Council became more active as a mediating body between students and University administration, and it was involved in student implementation of draft resistance counseling, dissemination of abortion and birth control...
Dates: 1940-2008 (bulk 1980s-2000s)
Overview WRBB, Northeastern University's student radio station, was formed as WNEU in 1962 when a student group known as the Husky Hi-liters began broadcasting out of a small room in the basement of Ell Student Center. The Hi-liters were responsible for the University student broadcasting system which informed students of campus events and activities. In December 1962, the station began transmitting on AM radio, expanding its reach to include two dorms and other locations around campus. The following...
Dates: 1966-2006 (bulk 1996-2000)