Division of Cooperative Education records
In 1909, Northeastern University (NU) became the second college in the nation to adopt a cooperative plan of education. In that year the Boston YMCA Evening Institute opened its Cooperative Engineering School, offering daytime programs. The cooperative program was later adopted by the Day School of Business, and the program continued to grow as new units were founded with a cooperative component. By 1928, a separate Department of Cooperative Education was established. As interest in cooperative education expanded, so did the department's services. In 1965, the department grew into the Division of Cooperative Education, providing research, consulting, and outreach services. The division continued to administer NU cooperative students while offering cooperative education experiences abroad. In 2004, the division consists of the Department of Cooperative Education, International Coop, and Career Services.
Conditions Governing Access:
Records are closed for 75 years from their date of creation, unless researchers have written permission from the creating office.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use:
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the University Archivist.
0.30 cubic feet (3 containers)
System of Arrangement:
The records are organized alphabetically by employer name on the microfilm reels.
- Finding aid for the Division of Cooperative Education Records
- Finding aid prepared by Jessica M. Parr
- 2004 December
- Language of description
- Description is in English.