Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview David Stitt was a member and volunteer with the AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power Boston chapter (ACT UP/Boston). He was involved with a few of the organization's projects, most notably the production of Attitude! newsletter. Stitt also participated in the "rubber fairies" (a program to promote safer sex) and the IV League (a needle exchange program). ACT UP/Boston was founded in 1987 as a way to focus local efforts in support of the development of AIDS...
Overview G. Derrick Hodge was a member of the AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power Boston (ACT UP/Boston) and Queer Nation/Boston in the early 1990's. Hodge served on ACT UP/Boston's discrimination, benefits, and finance working groups. ACT UP/Boston was founded in 1987 by activists Raymond Schmidt, Stephen Skuce, Donald Smith, and Paul Wychules to focus local efforts to speed up the development of AIDS treatments, educational programs, and prevention strategies. The membership was a diverse, nonpartisan...
Overview Keri Lynn Duran was an activist and educator who worked on behalf of people with Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). She was diagnosed with HIV in 1989 after entering a drug rehabilitation program and developed AIDS in 1990. After working with AIDS activists in Worchester, Duran moved to Boston in January, 1991 and became a member of ACT UP / Boston through which she participated in a number of protest actions and AIDS education activities. She...
Dates: 1966-1995 (bulk 1990-1993)
- Names: ACT UP Boston (Organization) X
- AIDS (Disease) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 2
- AIDS activists -- Massachusetts -- Boston 2
- Drug approval -- United States 2
- Health care reform -- Massachusetts 2
- AIDS (Disease) in women -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- AIDS (disease) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- AIDS activists -- Massachusetts 1
- Clinical trials -- Moral and ethical aspects -- United States 1
- Gay activists -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Gays -- violence against -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) infection 1
- HIV-positive persons 1
- Intravenous drug users -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Safe sex in AIDS prevention -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1 ∧ less