Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Irene A. Nichols papers
Overview Professor Irene Nichols was an Assistant Professor of Psychology in Education in the Foundations of Education program at Northeastern University from 1964 to 1969, Associate Professor of Psychology in Education from 1969 to 1986, and Associate Professor of Education from 1986 to 1999. In 1972, Nichols was elected the first woman chair of the Agenda Committee of the Faculty Senate at Northeastern. She also chaired several other University committees, including the Faculty Senate Academic Policy...
Northeastern University Memorabilia
Overview This collection comprises artifacts that were either presented to or created by Northeastern University (NU), including items such as awards, flags, banners, medals, clothing, paperweights, coasters, pins, dishware, figurines, and jewelry. Some of the items have links to particular individuals or groups; others are representative of NU as a whole. Of special interest is a class sweater worn by a member of the Class of 1926. (The NU Photograph Collection contains photographs of a freshman class...
Northeastern University Photograph collection
Overview Northeastern University was founded in 1898 as a primarily commuter school with an all-male student body focusing on engineering and law programs. Since then, the University has expanded and now has six basic colleges, graduate and undergraduate programs in a wide variety of fields, and a diverse student body. The photographic collection reflects the history and development of the University from the early 1900s to the present day, including the expansion of Northeastern's physical plant and...
Dates: 1903-2009 (bulk 1950s-2009)
School of Education records
Overview Northeastern University's College of Education was formed in 1953 as a result of the growing need for elementary and secondary school educators in the United States. By 1967, it employed 22 faculty members and included five specialized departments. Enrollment in the College of Education peaked in 1970 with over 1,300 undergraduate and 1,001 graduate students and 55 full-time faculty members. In 1980, responding to a decline in enrollment and a decreased need for teachers, the College of...
Dates: 1958-2001 (bulk 1963-1985)
- Names: Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). College of Education X
- Education -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 2
- College athletes -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College buildings -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College campuses -- Massachusetts 1
- College presidents -- Inauguration 1
- College presidents -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College sports -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College teachers -- Tenure 1
- College teachers -- United States 1
- College teachers' unions 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States 1
- School integration 1
- Student activities -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Student protesters -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Students -- Political activity -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Teachers -- Training of -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Universities and colleges -- Employees 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements 1 ∧ less