Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Overview Albert James Augustine attended Northeastern University from 1931-1935, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
Overview The collection contains theses written by undergraduate engineering students at Northeastern University between 1914 and 1953.
Overview The Northeastern University's (NU) College of Engineering was founded in 1909, when the Evening Institute of the Boston YMCA began to offer day courses in engineering. In 1920, the Massachusetts Legislature authorized NU to grant bachelor of engineering degrees in chemical, civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering. Between 1939 and 1941, all programs gained accreditation by the Engineer's Council for Professional Development. By 1960, the College had become the largest undergraduate...
Overview Harold R. Raemer, a professor of electrical engineering, was born on April 26, 1924. He received a B.S. in physics, an M.S. in mathematics, and, in 1959, a PhD in physics from Northwestern University. From 1952 to 1963, Raemer worked in industrial laboratories as a research engineer. In 1963, he came to Northeastern University as an associate professor of electrical engineering, and was appointed professor in 1966. Raemer was chair of the Electrical Engineering Department from 1966-1977, and he...
Overview This collection comprises artifacts that were either presented to or created by Northeastern University (NU), including items such as awards, flags, banners, medals, clothing, paperweights, coasters, pins, dishware, figurines, and jewelry. Some of the items have links to particular individuals or groups; others are representative of NU as a whole. Of special interest is a class sweater worn by a member of the Class of 1926. (The NU Photograph Collection contains photographs of a freshman class...
Overview Northeastern University was founded in 1898 as a primarily commuter school with an all-male student body focusing on engineering and law programs. Since then, the University has expanded and now has six basic colleges, graduate and undergraduate programs in a wide variety of fields, and a diverse student body. The photographic collection reflects the history and development of the University from the early 1900s to the present day, including the expansion of Northeastern's physical plant and...
Overview NUPRIME was established in 1974 to recruit and support minority students in the College of Engineering, the College of Computer Science, and the Engineering Technology program. Based in the College of Engineering, NUPRIME assists over 200 students each year by providing academic and financial support, including scholarships and loans, mathematics and physics workshops, one-on-one tutoring, and career counseling. NUPRIME also provides advisory support for minority engineering student...
Overview The Office of Technology Innovation and Commercialization, formerly known as the Division of Technology Transfer, was formed as the result of a task force commissioned by President Richard M. Freeland in 1997. The findings of the task force emphasized the importance of research, technology transfer, and intellectual property control to "augment the intellectual contribution and stature of the University." In July 1999, the Division of Technology Transfer was created to "promote university...
Overview Carl Stephens Ell (CSE) was the second president of Northeastern University from 1940 to 1959. During his tenure as President, CSE was responsible for the accreditation of several of NU's academic programs and the rapid expansion of the physical plant. His other positions at NU included instructor at the Co-operative School of Engineering of the Boston YMCA (1910-1912), Head of the Department of Civil Engineering (1912-1917), Assistant Dean of the School of Engineering (1914-1917), Dean of the...
Overview Robert B. MacGregor graduated from Northeastern University's College of Engineering in 1947. MacGregor was an industrial engineering major and a Lieutenant in the United States Naval Reserve from 1942-1946, as well as a member of the Camera Club.
- Names: Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.). College of Engineering X
- College presidents -- Inauguration 2
- College students' writings, American -- Massachusetts -- Boston 2
- Education, Cooperative 2
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 2
- Chemical engineering 1
- Civil engineering 1
- College athletes -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College buildings -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College campuses -- Massachusetts 1
- College presidents -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College publications -- Massachusetts 1
- College sports -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- College trustees 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States 1
- Communication -- Research 1
- Dissertations, Academic -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Educational fund raising 1
- Electric engineering 1
- Engineering -- Research -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching (Secondary) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Engineering schools -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Engineering students -- Education -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Engineers -- Education -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Engineers -- United States 1
- Engineers' writings, American -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Industrial Engineering -- Study and teaching -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Industrial engineering 1
- Intellectual property 1
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching (Secondary) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Mechanical engineering 1
- Men -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Minorities in engineering -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Minorities in science -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Municipal engineering 1
- Research and development projects -- United States 1
- Science -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Science -- Study and teaching (Secondary) -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Structural engineering 1
- Student activities -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Student protesters -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Students -- Political activity -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Universities and colleges -- Employees 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- Women in engineering 1 ∧ less